Join us for easy and inexpensive recipes you are sure to love!
This week, we're showing how it only takes a few ingredients to upgrade instant ramen. You'll never want to go back to the regular version again!
Ingredients: 1 package instant ramen, 1 egg, 1-2 slices American cheese, green onion, red pepper, toasted sesame seeds
1. Chop the green onion and set aside to add to the finished bowl.
2. Bring 2 cups water to a boil over medium heat and add the ramen noodles. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. After 2 minutes, crack an egg into the pan and fold the noodles over top of it. Cook for an additional minute.
4. Turn the heat off and mix in the flavoring packet and red pepper. If you are also adding other ingredients like vegetables or meat, this is the best time to do so.
5. Put a slice or two of American cheese at the bottom of your bowl, and pour the ramen over top. Add the green onion and toasted sesame seeds, and it's ready to serve! For the best experience, break the egg right before eating to allow the yolk to mix with the broth.
Watch on YouTube at https://youtu.be/tiWekc12IcU.