Join us for easy and inexpensive recipes you are sure to love! The recipe I'm sharing this week is a special one, it's our family recipe for Swedish Meatballs passed down straight from my great-grandmother who was actually from Sweden!
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
1-1/2 cup milk
2 to 3 tbsp. sauteed diced onion
Salt & pepper to taste
1 can gravy
1. Sautee 2-3 tablespoons of diced onion.
2. Mix bread crumbs, milk, egg, sauteed onions, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Add beef and mix with your hands until fully combined.
3. Let rest (preferably in the fridge) for an hour.
4. Form the meat into small meatballs on a cookie sheet lined with tin foil.
5. Brown in an oven at 350-400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through.
6. Mix with one can of gravy in a pot and heat on the stove over low-medium heat for 20 minutes.